You’re getting married! Yaaay! You’re probably receiving a TON of unsolicited advice from your mom, his mom, your bestie, your coworker, a random lady at the bridal shop — you get the idea. But who better to provide advice than actual wedding planning experts!?
We have curated some incredible tips, hacks, and advice from industry experts.
1. Get a separate email address specifically for wedding related messages, so nothing will ever get lost in the fray of your work or personal email.
2. Don’t save your wedding shoes for your wedding day – wear them as much as possible (not too much to get scruffy) so they are so comfortable on your big day…. and if you can’t do that then bring a comfy pair for the reception.
3, Remember to share an extra invitation and as well as extra ribbon, menus, programs, etc. with your photographer to ensure you get some great styled shots of your stationery pieces and details.
4. Make sure to include 5-10% of the overall budget as a miscellaneous line item for unexpected expenses or when estimates come back higher than expected.
5. As you are getting ready to walk down the aisle (or into your Reception hall), remember to breathe and stay in the moment.
6. Create a wedding party/important family member cheat sheet (with pictures, names, role) for your wedding planner, photographer, & videographer, and delegate it to a close friend or family member, to make it happen – this way everyone knows who’s who (& who to capture in photos, video) for the big day!
7. To go to the bathroom more easily in your gown, sit on the toilet backwards. (Facing the wall)
8. Booking a reception venue that matches your overall wedding style goals will create a much more beautiful and aesthetically sound look instead of trying to change everything about the existing look of the venue (and save you money, too!).
9. Always trust your gut – your first instinct is often what’s perfect for you!
10. After all the months of planning, your wedding day will fly by – remember to pause, be in the moment, and enjoy every second, for it will prove to be your most cherished memory!